1. “Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are ugly!” - Amanda Bynes
Mario Tama / Getty Images
2. “My understanding is that the visit was to promote American-Chinese trade. Why do you wear European clothes?” - Oscar de la Renta on the McQueen dress Obama wore to the state dinner for Chinese President Hu Jintao.
Mark Wilson / Getty Images
3. “Clearly we were disappointed that she chose to wear a British designer for the state dinner. I was so embarrassed that I am definitely going to write to her.” - Diane von Furstenberg on the same state dinner incident.
Win McNamee / Getty Images
4. “Avoiding the appearance of queenly behavior is politically wise. But it does American culture no favors if a first lady tries so hard to be average that she winds up looking common.” - Robin Givhan
Chris Jackson / Getty Images
5. “How does Michelle Obama get a pass on the ridiculousness surrounding her inaugural wardrobe selections?” - Bridget Foley of WWD
Via Chip Somodevilla
6. “It’s just she just doesn’t act and look like a first lady. I mean she’s more about showing her arms off. I think that’s very inappropriate for a lot of functions that she goes to.” - Virginia voter Bobbie Lussier
Harry How / Getty Images
7. “She dresses appropriately. I don’t think of her as being chic.” - Simon Doonan
8. “Today starts President Obama’s next four years in the White House. Let’s hope the same isn’t true about the First Lady’s new hairdo.” - Joan Rivers
9. “I don’t understand the change of hair. Frankly, the fringe was a bad idea. It’s not good.” - Karl Lagerfeld
The White House / Getty Images
10. “Don’t talk about her. It’s dreadful what she wears. She’s a very nice looking lady, but it’s a nonstarter regarding clothes that suit her.” - Vivienne Westwood
WPA Pool / Getty Images
11. “Her kind of philosophy of fashion is that women should wear what they are comfortable in. And so there she is with her arms out.” - Politico White House reporter Malika Henderson
Kris Connor / Getty Images
13. “She lectures us on eating right while she has a large posterior herself.” - Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner
14. “Fat butt Michelle Obama. Look at her. She looks like she weighs 185 or 190. She’s overweight.” - high school football coach Bob Grisham
Greg Fiume / Getty Images
15. “I’m trying to say that our First Lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you.” - Rush Limbaugh
Mike Stobe / Getty Images
Here Are The Top Stories
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.