1. Designer Rick Owens debuted his spring/summer 2014 collection in Paris today. In lieu of models, Owens called upon a team of step dancers to show off his clothing.
3. … and took to the runway.
Wearing signature androgynous, monochromatic garb typical of Owens. Which was also probably pretty comfortable to dance in!
4. They performed a routine much more rigorous than mere cat-walking.
And about 1,000 times more interesting.
5. And the fashion crowd went mostly wild with praise.
The most powerful and provocative statement this season, nay in the last decade (?) yet from Rick Owens http://t.co/67plzRw0y8
Incredible Rick Owens dance performance http://t.co/MU2ZOalThTâ€
Step teams at #RickOwens locked up, mean muggin’ and REPRESENTING a culture so often overlooked inâ€¦ http://t.co/ihWOT1CC3G
Fiercest realist wildest show ever! Rick Owens imports competitive step dancers from the US. - Lindaâ€¦ http://t.co/EsdKf2uV0g
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.