1. Designer Rick Owens debuted his spring/summer 2014 collection in Paris today. In lieu of models, Owens called upon a team of step dancers to show off his clothing.
3. … and took to the runway.
Wearing signature androgynous, monochromatic garb typical of Owens. Which was also probably pretty comfortable to dance in!
4. They performed a routine much more rigorous than mere cat-walking.
And about 1,000 times more interesting.
5. And the fashion crowd went mostly wild with praise.
The most powerful and provocative statement this season, nay in the last decade (?) yet from Rick Owens http://t.co/67plzRw0y8
Incredible Rick Owens dance performance http://t.co/MU2ZOalThTâ€
Step teams at #RickOwens locked up, mean muggin’ and REPRESENTING a culture so often overlooked inâ€¦ http://t.co/ihWOT1CC3G
Fiercest realist wildest show ever! Rick Owens imports competitive step dancers from the US. - Lindaâ€¦ http://t.co/EsdKf2uV0g
We've got your WKND covered.
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›