The trailer for Princess Diana biopic starring Naomi Watts, appropriately titled Diana has been released. Rejoice! The movie doesn’t hit (UK) theaters until September 20th and the US release date is to be determined, but the just-released trailer does provide the opportunity to gawk over Diana’s various outfits — and to assess their relative historical accuracy.
2. The bad.
5. The pretty good.
7. Coordinating pastel separates.
While the suit from the trailer is entirely appropriate, the actual Diana outfit is so much more fun! Colorful polka dots and heart-shaped statement earrings?! This is basically the Royal equivalent of a Betsy Johnson look. Also, props to Naomi Watts for perfectly mimicking Diana’s demure hand-wringing.
9. The great.
13. Watch the trailer and see the looks for yourself.
Or if you’re in high anticipation and cannot fathom waiting another month for your British Royals fix. You know, since Royal Baby is so over.
And just for fun, here’s a bonus picture of young Diana looking way hipster but surprisingly chic at 10.
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are the winners of the Democratic and Republican New Hampshire primaries 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And Twitter is now offering an algorithmic version of its timeline that will prioritize some tweets over others.