1. You don’t have to just wear gold or silver jewelry — try mixing them together.
4. Mixing prints and patterns is not only acceptable — it’s supremely on-trend.
7. Wearing one shade head-to-toe isn’t a no-no — it’s encouraged.
8. Sneakers aren’t solely for the gym.
They look awesome as flats anytime, anywhere.
9. Sweatshirts also aren’t just for the gym.
Dress them up with jewelry, heels, and skirts.
11. Wear horizontal stripes.
Forget about them making you look “wide.”
12. Turtlenecks aren’t just for nerds.
They’re actually quite chic.
14. Wear pajamas from a Lifetime movie marathon to a dinner date.
15. Wear clear heels.
They’re not just for sex workers — you can make them work for YOU!
16. Another fashion rule to break tomorrow? Wear red and pink together.
Or “color block,” as fashion people say.
17. Also, wear see-through fabrics out of the house.
18. Speaking of see-through, show off the contents of your bag.
And it probably doesn’t hurt if what’s inside your clear bag is an “it” bag.
19. Show off your midriff.
You won’t end up looking like a Britney Spears music video circa 2003.
20. Less is more is another bogus rule — more is more!
Instead of taking one thing off before you leave the house, put one thing on.
21. Carry a backpack instead of a purse.
It’s not a regression to your high school years — backpacks are functional and cool.
A reminder that Cara Delevigne can wear just about anything and look great.
23. Wear open-toed sandals with your hosiery.
It’s okay to flaunt your toe seams.
24. Also, wear socks with your sandals.
This is one of the oldest rules in the book but you should definitely break it.
25. And definitely wear glasses to make a fashion statement.
Whether you need them or not.
26. And finally, show up somewhere entirely overdressed.
Anna Dello Russo would be so proud.