Dolly Parton has a genius sense of personal style. From her giant hair (the higher the hair, the closer to god) and embellished Western accents, Dolly has a signature look down. A look that always involves the most important and marvelous sleeves you’ve ever seen.
1. There are these sheer, scalloped sleeves peeking out from a cutoff denim jacket. Double-sleeved goodness!
2. And these accordion pleated blue beauties on a flamingo-print dress.
I want to live in this look, get married, pregnant, and buried in it. Dolly 4 lyfe.
3. These plaid sleeves are a nod to Dolly’s humble country roots.
4. And the sweet buttercup yellow and flouncy sleeves of this tunic makes Dolly look angelic.
Because she is an angel, sent to us from above to rid the world of the modest and boring.
5. The cuffed acid-wash sleeves of this denim jacket are so unapologetically ’80s.
6. And so are these, which alone probably weigh more than Dolly herself, but I’m sure it was worth it.
As were those giant red talons of hers.
7. And this stole acts as a glamorous extension of the dress’s actual sleeves.
8. The only thing better than billowing chiffon sleeves are rainbow-colored billowing chiffon sleeves.
9. These are like the mullet of the sleeve world. Business at the top, party at the bottom.
Mullets are something I have to imagine Dolly would endorse.
10. And the magic of these lie in their almost aggressive femininity.
11. And these sleeves are stunning in leopard print, but I have to admit this was mostly an excuse to post this picture.
12. The beaded baby-blue sleeves of this dress do their job of beautifully framing Dolly’s assets.
13. And these — I can’t find words enough to describe their magnificence.
They render me speechless.
14. These sleeves are what a Disney princess would wear if Dolly dressed her.
But even Cinderella couldn’t pull it off quite as well.
15. And another pair of highly embellished sleeves that almost mimic the pale pink of Dolly’s skin tone and the bright blue of her eyes.
Not to mention the haughty points of her shoulder pads.
16. Here Dolly tries out a shrunken, lacy sleeve, and regardless of the small size, the sleeve is still the focal point.
And if you’re not wearing bright pink eyeshadow covering your entire eye area, you’re doing beauty wrong.
17. This is a more modern-day version of a Dolly sleeve including fishnet and fringe, two things with which you cannot go wrong.
18. And even though the message of this tee is bold, the sleeves won’t be overshadowed.
19. Congratulations, Dolly, on having the best sleeve game in the entire world! Reign with an iron fist accessorized with a frilly, sparkly, flowing sleeve!
We've got your WKND covered.
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›