1. “I’m freakishly tall, so finding pants that fit is something I’ve struggled with my whole life.” - Karlie Kloss
2. “It was outside in New York on a beach. I was wearing just summer clothes. It was really cold — I was freezing my ass off!” - Irene Hiemstra
3. “In the waiting room, they were like, ‘You have to sign this release. You’re wearing Michael Jackson’s original clothing, and you can’t tell anyone about it.’” - Sessilee Lopez
4. “Actually, [modeling is] really tough… This walking thing is crazy.” - Cara Delevingne
5. “I was never going to be a skinny Dior guy, that’s just not me.”- David Gandy
David seems to have done alright for himself despite his physical set-backs.
6. “I was once dressed as a mermaid for a Jean Paul Gaultier show. My legs were bound into a fish tail so I had to come down the runway on crutches.”- Coco Rocha
7. “Prada flew my sister and I first class to Beijing for a show there. I was afraid to tell my friends about it, in case they thought I was boasting.”- Lindsey Wixson
8. “The other day when I got to work, I was told, ‘Oh guess what, we’re doing an underwater bondage shoot’” - Lara Stone
Models make your nine-to-five seem even more dull.
9. “Not that I don’t like smiling, but I think it’s really hard to smile when you don’t mean it.” - Hannah Noble
10. “But when high fashion is done with you, guess what? You go back to your parents’ basement and no one ever hears from you again.”- Coco Rocha
11. “On my flight from London to Milan there were like 40 models on the flight. We were all hyped up because there were just so many of us.”- Mariah Morrison
I’m sure the “non-specials” on the flight were just thrilled.
12. “I can’t work out too much because after two weeks I look like I’ve been training for a year.”- Eniko Mihalik
13. “Ever since I was little I wanted to model and eventually my mom was tired of me asking her. She told me I just had to get my grades up first because I wasn’t trying in school.” - Caitlin Holleran
14. “It’s kind of funny to think, Oh, wow, the news is talking about whether I’m fat or not.”- Kate Upton
Well, you showed them, Vogue covergirl.