Everyone loves the jolly Santa who brought us awesome presents as children:
But in Europe, naughty children get PUNISHED and BEATEN.
1. Yule Lads, or Icelandic trolls, would come from the mountains to steal things and scare children.
2. Germany’s Knecht Ruprecht (Farmhand Rupert) beats naughty children with a bag of ashes!
3. Lazy young’uns in Iceland might be sacrificed to the hungry Yule Cat, Jólakötturinn.
4. And then there’s Krampus of Austria, who kidnaps children to EAT them later.
5. Krampus’s counterpart, Perchta, actually DISEMBOWELS misbehaving kids.
6. Mari Lwyd, a weird Welsh horse, goes door to door to peddle!
7. Alsace, France’s Hans Trapp threatens children with a stick.
8. Swiss Santa’s alter ego, Schmultzi, beats naughty children with a broom of twigs.
9. La Befana, Italy’s Christmas witch, also smacks devious children with a broom!
10. The Dutch Zwarte Piet (Black Pete) threatens to take bad children to Spain.
Apparently that’s a punishment.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two people on a civilian airplane were killed in a mid-air collision with a military jet in South Carolina. The F-16 jet pilot was ejected and is "in good shape."
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.
- Bounce TV and BET will no longer air series featuring Bill Cosby after court records showed he admitted to buying sedatives to give to women.