1. You have to wake up early while everyone else sleeps into late afternoon.
2. Your teacher is just as excited to be there as you are.
3. You’re stuck indoors while your friends are out actually enjoying their summer vacation.
5. In class you’re viewed as either a parasitic delinquent or a head-scratching moron.
6. Most of your fellow summer school classmates are people you would NEVER socialize with.
7. They’re usually the type of people your mother warned you about.
8. Most of your assignments will be work you didn’t want to do when they were first assigned.
9. Or you will be required to do a billion book reports on books you have no intention of actually reading.
10. Exam dates sneak up on you faster, so you won’t have any actual time to study.
11. You actually have to pay attention in class because you won’t have all year to bring your grades up.
12. The time you’re used to spending in one class is doubled, sometimes tripled, leaving your brain feeling fried and deflated.
13. The amount of weeks in summer school is too short to allow you to ditch a session or two…
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›