1. Forget about getting grounded. It was getting your games taken away that REALLY hurt.
2. Birthdays were TENSE. If you got anything other than that new game, you’d have to put on your very best fake smile.
3. Every device and gadget you could find was an opportunity for gaming.
Mom thinks I’m doing math! What a n00b!
4. You can definitely name twice as many original Pokémon than elements on the periodic table.
Real talk: When’s the last time an “element” won you a gym badge?
5. There was a time when these were the best graphics you’ve ever seen.
WHOA LIKE REAL LIFE.
6. If you didn’t bring an extra controller to your friend’s house, you were sitting on the sidelines.
And you were DAMN careful not to take home the wrong controller by mistake.
8. Trips to Blockbuster were sacred.
9. A world without second chances is no world you wanted to live in.
Um, YEAH I’d like to continue.
10. Halloween was your only opportunity to dress like your true self.
11. You studied cheat codes more than your textbooks.
12. All experienced cheaters had Gamesharks. Fuck you, Zelda! You don’t own me.
13. You wistfully remember a time when Mortal Kombat was considered “controversial.”
The innocent pre-Grand Theft Auto III world.
14. And when there was no greater real-life rivalry than the one between Nintendo 64 and the Playstation One.
15. You basically have a vitamin D deficiency because you never got sun during those long summer days.
The sun is a n00b anyways.
16. You know screen-hopping is for cheaters, plain and simple.
17. Cords had a mind of their own and trying to untangle them was a pointless endeavor.
And just the sight of this sends chills down your spine.
18. Mario Kart abruptly ended a few friendships. It showed you people’s true colors.
“Don’t red shell me, bro.”
19. And you MIGHT have broken a controller or two in frustration.
Hopefully that habit hasn’t persisted.
20. The first time you played Grand Theft Auto, it looked really stupid and was difficult to navigate.
21. You knew EXACTLY how long your batteries would fuel your Gameboy, right down to the day.
22. And you vividly remember having to frantically save right before the batteries died.
You’ve had more than a few close calls where this is concerned.
23. Making room on your memory card was the most difficult decision you’ve ever had to make.
This memory card would only be able to hold a couple of gifs.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.