1. As a child, you probably had a bedtime, but you learned right away that there’s NOTHING that’s not negotiable.
2. Your parents always fully committed to helping you get the coolest halloween costume year after year.
3. You always had the newest gaming system, no matter how long mom or dad had to stand in line to get it.
5. Similarly, the M-rated video games always managed to find their way into your gaming library.
6. And parental advisory only meant that it was ~advised~ that your parents buy you this cool CD.
7. You had more pets than all of your friends combined and all of your friends’ friends combined.
8. It went without saying: Sleepovers were ALWAYS OK.
Asking permission was just a formality.
9. If any of your friends ever ran away from home, they knew exactly where to go: your house.
10. Swearing with regularity was frowned upon, but not something you ever got punished for.
11. In high school, curfews were lightly enforced — that is, if you even had them to begin with.
12. You always got to bring a friend along on family vacations.
Some lucky kids even got to bring two.
13. If you ever got into trouble at school, they always took your side, no matter how dumb the reason for the trouble was.
14. You received your weekly allowance regardless of your weekly chore performance.
15. There was always room at the dinner table for a close friend.
16. And dessert after dinner wasn’t something you needed to earn.
17. Your cupboards were always stacked with the best snack foods.
Sometimes, your friends came over just to pig out.