What an amazing night!
1. When Brenden Adams was 12, he was 7 feet 4 inches tall. Shaquille O’Neal, his favorite athlete, made Brenden’s dreams come true when he spent a couple days with him.
Shaq even took Brenden to his personal tailor to get him a wardrobe that would fit.
2. Deaf twins Riley and Erin wrote to Seattle Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman, who is also deaf, to tell him that he is their inspiration. He responded with a surprise visit to their home and tickets to the Super Bowl.
3. Matt Kemp of the Los Angeles Dodgers went over to a fan in the stands who was battling cancer. He signed his game ball, gave him his own hat, then his game-worn jersey, and then his game-worn cleats.
4. Transgender teen Cory Oskam got to meet and share the ice with the player he named himself after, Cory Schneider, thanks to the You Can Play Project.
5. Two years ago, Nadia lost her father to brain cancer. Nate Collins, defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears, took her to her “Daddy Daughter” dance.
6. It doesn’t always have to be a huge gesture, like when Charlie Coyle, a forward for the Minnesota Wild, waved to a young fan in the stands. His reaction is priceless.
7. Andre Johnson, seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver for the Houston Texans, has taken 12 children chosen by Child Protective Services on a $17,000 Christmas shopping spree every year for the last seven years.
8. In 2011, Stephanie Wetzel, who suffered from lupus, got to meet her favorite athlete, professional golfer Adam Scott.
In April of 2013 she lost her fight with lupus, so Scott invited her parents to the BMW championship to meet them personally and remember Stephanie.
9. Seattle Seahawks running back Christine Michael took a teenager with autism to her high school prom.
10. Jeff Gordon made 87-year-old NASCAR fan Barbara Yocum’s dreams come true when he met and spent time with her. He was her late husband’s favorite driver.
11. Washington Wizards small forward Otto Porter bought lunch for a homeless man, sat down, and talked with him about Georgetown basketball while they ate together.
No photos were taken of this selfless act.