1. Former congressman and mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner recently favorited a tweet on Tinder being the new “ultimate sext” app. Weiner notoriously fell from grace twice over a sexting scandal.
2. Here’s the tweet by Vox reporter Matt Yglesias:
The tweet is a link to the post on the website Vox about how dating app Tinder will allow “Moments” enabling users to have pictures disappear they shared within 24 hours.
3. Here’s a screenshot of the favorite on Weiner’s page on Thursday night.
4. Weiner, who previously had 27 Twitter favorites, now has only one: a tweet by Twitter user @Mobute.
5. Reached for comment, Weiner said the favorites were accidental:
“there were a bunch of favorites there that I didn’t either didn’t recognize or mean to favorite. im not clear on how they got marked in the first place but I assume hit the little star thing accidentally as I scrolled through stuff.”