Bob Beckel is a host of Fox News’ hit show The Five. He’s also the plays the part of the show’s liberal voice (he served as Walter Mondale’s campaign manager 1984 presidential campaign).
On the show, Beckel has repeatedly used terms that most would not term politically correct, before later apologizing. Here are six of his worst observations on race, religion, and culture:
1. The time he said all Nigerians are scammers and Iranians feed their children to dogs:
2. The time he used the term “Chinamen” to slam the Chinese:
3. The time he said, “I would not have another mosque built in this country until we got it worked out who was not a terrorist”:
4. The time Beckel said, “No Muslim students coming here with visas, no more mosques being built here until you stand up and denounce what’s happened in the name of your prophet”:
5. When he referred to Italian-Americans as “greaseballs” and then “apologized” with a Godfather reference:
6. The time he called people “rednecks,” then explained by saying, “blacks are rednecks, whites are rednecks, Chinamen are rednecks…”
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".