1. Romney in 2007:Politics should end at the water’s edge. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid shouldn’t be going to Syria.
2. Romney in 2007:The President leads our foreign policy. You don’t have two people conducting separate foreign policies.
3. Romney in 2007 on this attacking Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld: “I don’t think pointing fingers at individuals is a productive exercise.”
“I really don’t think pointing fingers at individuals is a productive exercise at this point,” Romney said on those attacking Rumsfeld. “Clearly the president would agree the buck stops with him. He’s responsible for the management of our affairs, and I would not suggest we go and try and find individuals within various departments to assume the blame.”
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?