1. In 2005 first introducing the individual mandate and how it will stop people from getting free care in the emergency room.
2. In 2007 saying people don’t buy insurance because they show up at the hospital to get free care.
3. In 2007 saying people getting free care at the hospital is a “form of socialism.”
4. In 2007, “I like mandates” because they stop people from getting free care.
Andrew Kaczynski is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Andrew Kaczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›