1. Canada: Romney attacked their health care system in his book and said “‘we cannot be a bilingual nation like Canada” in 2007.
2. France: Romney said it would be “unthinkable” for the United States to become the France of the 21st century.
3. Germany: Romney said Americans were harder working people than the Germans on Fox and Friends in May.
4. Japan: Romney said Japan was a nation in decline today at a fundraiser:”We are not Japan. We are not going to be a nation that suffers in decline and distress for a decade or a century.”
5. Russia: Romney has called Russian our “number one adversary” and “number one geo-political foe.”
6. Romney questioned London’s readiness for the Olympics and called England in his book:”Just a small island. It’s roads and houses are small. With few exceptions, it doesn’t make things that people in the rest of the world want to buy.”
Andrew Kaczynski is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Andrew Kaczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›