1. Obama in 2008:”The fact that lobbyist and special interests have been so dominant in how Washington works” has contributed to the American people don’t think they know what’s going….I want transparency. I want accountability.”
2. Obama in 2008:”On the whole issue of transparency this has been the most secretive administration maybe in our history. I mean, they won’t let you know what’s going on on anything.”
Andrew Kaczynski is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Andrew Kaczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.