1. Last Monday: McCain tells Politico “I do not believe we should filibuster.”
2. Last Wednesday: McCain adds his name to a letter asking for more Hagel speeches and financial records, says to hold off the vote.
via the Washington Post
3. Sunday: McCain tells Fox News: “I do not believe we should filibuster his nomination.”
4. Monday: McCain said that a filibuster: “Sets a wrong precedent. Someday we will have a Republican president. Someday we may even have a majority in the United States Senate.”
5. Tuesday: McCain, after comments from Ted Cruz about foreign funding, says “no one on this committee at any time should impugn his character or his integrity.”
via Daily Beast
6. Tuesday night: McCain says he hasn’t made up his mind about whether he would vote to allow a floor vote on Hagel’s confirmation over Benghazi info.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- The U.S. has defeated Germany 2-0 in the Women's World Cup semis. Team USA will play Japan or England in the final ⚽️