1. Last Monday: McCain tells Politico “I do not believe we should filibuster.”
2. Last Wednesday: McCain adds his name to a letter asking for more Hagel speeches and financial records, says to hold off the vote.
via the Washington Post
3. Sunday: McCain tells Fox News: “I do not believe we should filibuster his nomination.”
4. Monday: McCain said that a filibuster: “Sets a wrong precedent. Someday we will have a Republican president. Someday we may even have a majority in the United States Senate.”
5. Tuesday: McCain, after comments from Ted Cruz about foreign funding, says “no one on this committee at any time should impugn his character or his integrity.”
via Daily Beast
6. Tuesday night: McCain says he hasn’t made up his mind about whether he would vote to allow a floor vote on Hagel’s confirmation over Benghazi info.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›