1. Last Monday: McCain tells Politico “I do not believe we should filibuster.”
2. Last Wednesday: McCain adds his name to a letter asking for more Hagel speeches and financial records, says to hold off the vote.
via the Washington Post
3. Sunday: McCain tells Fox News: “I do not believe we should filibuster his nomination.”
4. Monday: McCain said that a filibuster: “Sets a wrong precedent. Someday we will have a Republican president. Someday we may even have a majority in the United States Senate.”
5. Tuesday: McCain, after comments from Ted Cruz about foreign funding, says “no one on this committee at any time should impugn his character or his integrity.”
via Daily Beast
6. Tuesday night: McCain says he hasn’t made up his mind about whether he would vote to allow a floor vote on Hagel’s confirmation over Benghazi info.
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›