President Obama’s second term isn’t off to a hot start.
5. Harry Truman: The Korean War would prove to a be a drain on his presidency. His time in office saw the detonation of a nuclear weapon by the Soviets, as well as the widely unpopular dismissal of Douglas McArthur as leader of the war effort.
6. Dwight D. Eisenhower: His second term saw the launch of Sputnik and the shooting down of an American U-2 spy plane over the Soviet Union. The U-2 incident hurt American-Soviet relations and led to a canceled summit between leaders of the two countries.
7. Woodrow Wilson: After running for reelection with the slogan “He Kept Us Out of War,” the U.S. entered World War One. Later Wilson suffered a stroke that nearly killed him and left him paralyzed. He was incapacitated for the rest of his presidency.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate at 8 p.m. ET in New Hampshire, ahead of Tuesday's primary 🇺🇸
- Twitter's CEO responded to backlash over reports that Twitter would move to an algorithmic feed, insisting that the product would remain real-time.
- Deep breaths: Beyoncé dropped a new song and video called "Formation." She's performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday 👑🐝