1. What exactly causes the hiccups?
2. When you get startled, why does the hair stand up on the back of your neck?
3. Here’s an 80-second explanation of why your body does all of the weird things it does…
Including hiccups, the hair standing up on the back of your neck, goosebumps, eye twitches, and ringing in your ears.
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️