1. Thanksgiving is right around the corner…
2. which means it’s TURDUCKEN time!
3. You’ll need…
1 turkey (16-18 lbs)
1 chicken (around 4 lbs)
4 boneless duck breasts (around 2 lbs total)
Stuffing (around 4 lbs of your favorite recipe)
A sharp knife
A trussing needle (like this one)
4. Here’s how to do it…
Veteran butcher Armand Ferrante, who won the 2012 Whole Foods Best Butcher Award, shows you how to make a perfect turducken.
5. Step 1: Debone the turkey.
Working with a very sharp knife, remove the chest cavity and thigh bones.
6. Step 2: Layer in some stuffing.
Place stuffing under the breasts and where the thigh bone used to be.
7. Step 3: Debone the chicken the same way.
8. Step 4: Lay the chicken inside the turkey, layering with stuffing.
9. Step 5: Skin the duck breasts.
10. Step 6: Lay the duck breasts on top of the chicken.
11. Step 7: Sew up the back, using butcher twine.
12. Step 8: Tie butcher string around the Turducken so that it maintains its shape.
13. Step 9: Admire your creation.
14. Step 10: Roast.
Roast the turducken at 375°F for around 25 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature is 165°F.
15. Step 11: DESTROY.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️