Every relationship is different. When it comes to how you met, how quickly things are moving, and what you were looking for in the first place, no one couple is the same as the next.
2. But on average, couples move in together after 30 weeks, and get married after 3.6 years. Here are some other stats:
3. And sorry to crush your hopes, but high school sweethearts are pretty rare. It’s even less likely you’re dating your neighbor.
4. So when you go out on your next first date, remember this: personality matters most, and nice guys don’t always finish last:
This data came from a wide variety of sources. The timeline used stats from Examiner, TheWeddingReport, PsychologyToday, DailyMail, InfoPlease, TheDigitalUniverse, News.com, and the CDC. The infographic was designed using data from YourBeautifulEvent, and the pie charts are based off of online dating stats from StatisticBrain.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.