Every relationship is different. When it comes to how you met, how quickly things are moving, and what you were looking for in the first place, no one couple is the same as the next.
2. But on average, couples move in together after 30 weeks, and get married after 3.6 years. Here are some other stats:
3. And sorry to crush your hopes, but high school sweethearts are pretty rare. It’s even less likely you’re dating your neighbor.
4. So when you go out on your next first date, remember this: personality matters most, and nice guys don’t always finish last:
This data came from a wide variety of sources. The timeline used stats from Examiner, TheWeddingReport, PsychologyToday, DailyMail, InfoPlease, TheDigitalUniverse, News.com, and the CDC. The infographic was designed using data from YourBeautifulEvent, and the pie charts are based off of online dating stats from StatisticBrain.
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.