Every relationship is different. When it comes to how you met, how quickly things are moving, and what you were looking for in the first place, no one couple is the same as the next.
2. But on average, couples move in together after 30 weeks, and get married after 3.6 years. Here are some other stats:
3. And sorry to crush your hopes, but high school sweethearts are pretty rare. It’s even less likely you’re dating your neighbor.
4. So when you go out on your next first date, remember this: personality matters most, and nice guys don’t always finish last:
This data came from a wide variety of sources. The timeline used stats from Examiner, TheWeddingReport, PsychologyToday, DailyMail, InfoPlease, TheDigitalUniverse, News.com, and the CDC. The infographic was designed using data from YourBeautifulEvent, and the pie charts are based off of online dating stats from StatisticBrain.
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›