1. Because they make your wrists look like they’ve grown really long, unattractive hair.
I’m talking wrist MANES.
Fringe leather gloves final sale at Pixie Market; were $153, now $75.
2. Because “classy ravers” don’t exist in real life.
Now, if these were sequined smiley-face JNCOs, that’d be another story….
Trousers from Topshop; were $315, now $75.
3. Because they make about as much sense as a see-through crop top with a chambray pocket.
I can’t think of a “reason” for this but open to them if you care to add one to comments.
Chambray mesh crop top final sale at Pixie Market; was $112, now $60.
4. And other things go on sale because they’re essentially politically incorrect bathrobes.
Or couch throws with a sash.
Armani Collezioni real rabbit fur-trimmed sweater coat available at Saks; was $2495.00, now $998.50.
5. And these sale shoes might make your feet look like headless, matted puppies.
“Fleamadonna” available at Opening Ceremony; was $225, now $113.
While these shoes might not even get you through the front door.
This pair of completely unwearable and unwalkable Jeffrey Campbells are available from Solestruck; were $174.95, now $149.95.
6. Some acid wash jorts end up on sale because they look like they have an outer diaper.
As if the acid wash effect wasn’t “enough.”
Bernhard Willhelm worker and acid shorts available at Opening Ceremony; were $550, now $165.
7. And this dress might be on sale because it will give you distinct @ tan lines.
Connected cutout dress final sale at Nasty Gal; was $138, now $41.40.
8. These “shorts” perhaps because they were not correctly categorized as underpants or “Halloween Only.”
Sequin zip shorts final sale at Nasty Gal; were $115, now $40.
9. This cardigan because fur probably shouldn’t look like it’s “sprouting.”
Faux fur and crystal embellished cardigan available from Net-a-Porter; was $2900, now $1740.
10. Note to retailers everywhere: the world is not ready for Skirt Jeans.
Get these tiered skirt jeans from Karmaloop; was $126, now $62.
11. Another reason things hit the sale rack? They turn your armpits into braid-able objects of wonder, confusion.
Fringed leather jacket available at ASOS; was $228.67, now $137.20.
12. Or they turn you into the Southwestern-accent-wearing housewife you’re going to be in 30 years.
This Just Cavalli Wild-West-inspired dress is available from Net-a-Porter; was $990, now $594.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man —at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.
- Two people were killed and at least 22 injured after a circus tent collapsed amid stormy weather Monday evening in New Hampshire.