1. Here’s a first look at the line Nicki Minaj “designed” for KMart.
Designed, in the celebrity sense of the word, tends to means she put her name on it and got videotaped tugging at the clothes to make it look like she actually DID design them. It’s the same thing Rihanna did for River Island, you know?
2. Here’s a diorama that illustrates what the line will look like in KMart stores.
So basically, look for the neon clashing with the red KMart signage and you’ve found these clothes.
3. “There are some dresses that I’m obsessing over already,” Nicki says.
4. How about you?
One of the above two options is bound to get you through summer wedding season. Well, maybe.
5. This line is most definitely not to be confused with the one the Kardashians do for Sears.
How dare you!
6. Also included in the line: your “goes nowhere” metallic cropped bustier.
7. It comes in multiple colorways.
“I definitely didn’t want people to think, ‘Oh, well she’s just going to have crazy stuff in her line,’ because that would push them away,” Nicki explains. “I’m doing this for women in general… Any woman can wear it and feel confident.”
But what about outside of a Mardi Gras float?
8. Leggings are a cornerstone of this collection.
“We’re definitely looking at the leggings that I love for my body,” Nicki said.
9. Here’s a video of Nicki discusing the leggings and everything else in this line.
Unclear if her white sweatsuit and pink tee figure into it at all.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›