1. Amanda Seyfried covers the latest issue of Elle wearing bedazzled “silk briefs” by Dolce & Gabbana.
Translation: the fanciest granny panties you ever saw.
2. Miranda Kerr also recently wore granny panties — not even bedazzled ones — on the cover of Korean Vogue.
Even Kerr’s expression says, “Excuse me, can I get some real bottoms now?”
3. The truth is, granny panties are spreading like a virus across magazine covers.
Sofia Vergara was also forced into a particularly high-waisted pair for Harper’s Bazaar.
4. Kerry Washington also fell victim to the granny panty plague.
According to her expression, she knows something is amiss — you know, like that she’s not wearing cover-worthy bottoms.
5. What gives magazine editors?
Here the fashion world tells us PANTS are the new hotness, and yet magazines are tied to a bygone era of pantslessness — a relic of the Lady Gaga we’ve all come thisclose to forgetting.
6. Maybe Marc Jacobs has something to do with it.
And all of the aforementioned cover models should just be thankful they got to wear tops.
We've got your WKND covered.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.