Amy: Can we discuss this.
“Fifty Shades author E.L. James and her agent Val Hoskins selected UK-based Caroline Mickler Ltd. to be the global licensing agent for merchandise based on the best-selling trilogy.”
“Mickler is considering Fifty Shades-based lingerie/sleepwear, apparel, fragrances, beauty products, bedding, home furnishings, and stationery, jewelry and adult products aimed at adult women.
Anna: Haha wtf — lingerie and “adult products,” okay.
But yeah, I don’t get wanting your home to be themed after this book.
Is there Twilight furniture?
Amy: Let’s look!
I mean OBVIOUSLY there’s Twilight furniture. This isn’t licensed, but I think it still counts:
Also, how does sexual domination translate to a SCENT?
That people want to SMELL?
Anna:Yeah maybe like… patchouli?
Amy: So I haven’t read 50 Shades (Yet? Do I have to?)
Anna: Neither have I. I feel like I have.
Amy: But it’s about like whips and whatnot, yes?
Anna: Yeah it’s about this rich guy who dominates this like loser girl. And he takes her to the “red room of pain.”
Anna: I bet there is red furniture.
Amy: They should do a line of… nipple clamps? Vibrators?
Anna: Yeah, restraints.
Amy: Sex swings?
Anna: They actually gave me restraints at that thing I went to.
They tried to give me a sex swing but I was like um, I have to take the subway.
Amy: HAHA. What?
Anna: Yeah, they had all this stuff that everyone was too embarrassed to take.
Amy: What else did they have?
Anna: Whips. Wrist restraints, sex swing.
Amy: Haha. This is the problem with a 50 Shades product line.
I’m all for sexual expression (as long as it’s not, you know, RAPE), but most people like to keep that kind of thing private.
Not, as you said, turn it into home decorating.
Anna: Right, yeah. It’;s not going to be in your living room.
Amy: Besides, I’m pretty sure this line already exists.
And it’s made by the Kardashians
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- bridgetteg3 thinks So! Who's Ready For "50 Shades Of... is Win & LOL
- popsugar.com readers just made So! Who's Ready For "50 Shades Of... hotter
- “50 shades of grey” is a hot search term for this page
- ericav thinks So! Who's Ready For "50 Shades Of... is Geeky & Trashy
- Lillithdv8 thinks So! Who's Ready For "50 Shades Of... is WTF & LOL
- Baymazing thinks So! Who's Ready For "50 Shades Of... is Fail
- aegyeol thinks So! Who's Ready For "50 Shades Of... is WTF
- heidih5 So! Who's Ready For "50 Shades Of...