1. Artist Francesco Vezzoli covers the May-June issue of L’Uomo Vogue.
You don’t want artists to go the standard pensive portrait route male actors get, right? Of course not.
2. According to the magazine, it’s a “self-portrait as Pope Innocent X (after Diego Velàzquez).”
So the inspiration is NOT Francis Bacon as you might have thought. Maybe he’s too lowbrow for the Vogue Italia family.
3. Don’t look so down, Pope Francis — your day will come.
You know Meisel would do a sitting with you ANYtime, I’m sure.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.