1. This is how raging fashionista Kanye West attired himself to sit front row at the Anthony Vaccarello show in Paris on Tuesday.
Rather than the black waxed jeans, leather pants, and kilt he’s recently favored, he wore his signature faded dad jeans with holes all up the front. Maybe seeing Kim parade about in her vast collection of leather leggings led him to appreciate pants that breathe. It’s possible she also made him appreciate pants that don’t have giant peplums on them, but most importantly for him — a dude — pants that breathe.
2. At New York Fashion Week in September he wore this faded Canadian tuxedo to Louis Goldin’s show.
That Kanye. So MADEWELL.
4. He wore his ripped dad pants to the Burberry show in September.
Which of course made him stand out amongst all the front row starlets wearing unforgiving leather leggings. Maybe Kanye likes these pants so much because he’s a little self conscious about his thighs?
5. And he chose chose baggy dad jeans for his appearance at London Fashion Week last year.
6. He even wears them to perform with Jay-Z.
Los Angeles, 2011.
7. You see, our friend Kanye has been ahead of the latest denim trends all along.
The most popular new denim looks for spring are distressed, baggy, ill-fitting in the crotch, ripped, stained — this kind of thing, according to WWD. Also, wearing more than one denim item at a time.
9. So the real question is, what trend will Kanye start next?
Metallic man pearls?
We've got your WKND covered.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›