On Friday at New York Fashion Week, Jason Wu presented a lovely (dare I say FLOTUS-worthy) show. The runway was arranged in a square around a giant chandelier that flickered rhythmically with the music. This meant that when photographers shot the clothes as they came down the runway, audience members couldn’t help but be included in the shot.
2. Considering Wu’s fall 2013 color palette included a lot of black and white, if you were wearing, oh I don’t know — NEON and sitting behind the models, you kind of stood out.
Can you spot the neon in this photo?
3. Here’s a fuller view of the eye-catching pants.
Aren’t the runway clothes so pretty, though??
4. And a complete view of the neon pants wearer.
Who is perfectly apparently in many runway images from the show.
6. Style.com, wanting to keep the focus where it rightfully belonged, photoshopped the pants so that they looked like skinny-fit khakis.
8. But other sites like the Cut just left them in their natural, eye-searing hue.
It’s unclear who the woman wearing them is.
9. The incident has already spawned a Tumblr — frontrowfluo.tumblr.com.
12. So really, at this Jason Wu show, you couldn’t blame Anna for wearing her shades.
The Pants might have just been in her line of vision.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›