1. As the inspiration for the Atlantic’s “All the Single Ladies,” you must believe, Beyonce, that the role of women in society is changing in fundamentally significant ways.
4. Yet, shouldn’t women work? Is that not what our foremothers fought for?
5. So what I’m getting is that you agree with the people who say women don’t need men at all.
7. So we’re on the same page â€” we women like men but we don’t NEED them. We can buy our own dinners and shoes, etc.
9. I feel like you’re sending me mixed messages about Being a Woman. Just like the media.
11. Or if you agree with New York’s Jonathan Chait that men have a higher tolerance for a messy home than women.
15. Maybe the real problem is that women spend so much time critiquing other women’s choices.
16. And instead of manufacturing debates about women for the media’s benefit, we should just be comfortable with ourselves, and what we all want in life.
17. Don’t you think its about time to start holding each other up, instead of just knocking each other down?
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›