1. As the inspiration for the Atlantic’s “All the Single Ladies,” you must believe, Beyonce, that the role of women in society is changing in fundamentally significant ways.
4. Yet, shouldn’t women work? Is that not what our foremothers fought for?
5. So what I’m getting is that you agree with the people who say women don’t need men at all.
7. So we’re on the same page â€” we women like men but we don’t NEED them. We can buy our own dinners and shoes, etc.
9. I feel like you’re sending me mixed messages about Being a Woman. Just like the media.
11. Or if you agree with New York’s Jonathan Chait that men have a higher tolerance for a messy home than women.
15. Maybe the real problem is that women spend so much time critiquing other women’s choices.
16. And instead of manufacturing debates about women for the media’s benefit, we should just be comfortable with ourselves, and what we all want in life.
17. Don’t you think its about time to start holding each other up, instead of just knocking each other down?
We've got your WKND covered.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.