1. As the inspiration for the Atlantic’s “All the Single Ladies,” you must believe, Beyonce, that the role of women in society is changing in fundamentally significant ways.
4. Yet, shouldn’t women work? Is that not what our foremothers fought for?
5. So what I’m getting is that you agree with the people who say women don’t need men at all.
7. So we’re on the same page â€” we women like men but we don’t NEED them. We can buy our own dinners and shoes, etc.
9. I feel like you’re sending me mixed messages about Being a Woman. Just like the media.
11. Or if you agree with New York’s Jonathan Chait that men have a higher tolerance for a messy home than women.
15. Maybe the real problem is that women spend so much time critiquing other women’s choices.
16. And instead of manufacturing debates about women for the media’s benefit, we should just be comfortable with ourselves, and what we all want in life.
17. Don’t you think its about time to start holding each other up, instead of just knocking each other down?
Here Are The Top Stories
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.