1. As the inspiration for the Atlantic’s “All the Single Ladies,” you must believe, Beyonce, that the role of women in society is changing in fundamentally significant ways.
2. So are you a supporter of Sheryl Sandberg’s “Lean In” campaign?
3. Totally. But can a woman be a feminist and stay home with the kids?
4. Yet, shouldn’t women work? Is that not what our foremothers fought for?
5. So what I’m getting is that you agree with the people who say women don’t need men at all.
7. So we’re on the same page â€” we women like men but we don’t NEED them. We can buy our own dinners and shoes, etc.
8. You know, that’s not really the dating advice I was expecting.
9. I feel like you’re sending me mixed messages about Being a Woman. Just like the media.
11. Or if you agree with New York’s Jonathan Chait that men have a higher tolerance for a messy home than women.
12. Just tell me â€” am I supposed to put a ring on it or not?
15. Maybe the real problem is that women spend so much time critiquing other women’s choices.
16. And instead of manufacturing debates about women for the media’s benefit, we should just be comfortable with ourselves, and what we all want in life.
17. Don’t you think its about time to start holding each other up, instead of just knocking each other down?
- At least eight people in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›