1. When video footage of John Galliano’s ant-semitic tirade in a Paris cafe went viral, the fashion industry was like:
3. Despite his extremely offensive remarks, a lot of top people in the industry were like:
Many overwhelmingly sympathetic statements followed the designer’s dismissal.
4. When his temporary replacement Bill Gaytten’s collections walked, the industry was concerned — depressed, even — by the label’s lack of vision.
5. And then they hired Raf Simons away from Jil Sander, which was a huge deal.
6. His debut Dior collection for the fall 2012 couture season was so pretty!
7. Even though some dresses had that weird pleating on the boobs.
9. Then Simons moved into ready-to-wear, with his lovely spring 2013 line.
11. Critics remained enthralled.
Watching him grow into the role was quite intriguing — and promising.
12. When his spring 2013 couture collection came out a few months later…
14. The fashion world was all:
“It was an astonishing show,” wrote New York Times critic Cathy Horyn, “full of lightness, hidden layers of embroidery and dazzling color combinations. “
15. On Friday, Simons’s fall 2013 Dior collection showed at Paris Fashion Week.
16. It was lovely.
18. The clothes once again proved this show is an absolute must-see.
I just gave a taxi driver the address for the Dior show. He said, “You’re the third person I’ve taken there. All of Paris is going.”— Christina Binkley
22. Cathy Horyn loved it.
Lovely, inspiring Dior show, and not what you might expect. http://t.co/dzRTz7w2ZM— Cathy Horyn
23. And thus, everyone in fashion is just absolutely ecstatic about Simons’s ongoing Dior successes.
He somehow manages to keep topping himself.
24. You just know Anna Dello Russo was there and is now thinking:
Anna Dello Russo at Carine Roitfeld’s “Le Bal” in October.