1. Rihanna’s day in Paris began with the delivery of this neon plastic Chanel bag, which is sure to go with every outfit.
2. She was also gifted the keys to Coco Chanel’s legendary apartment.
Or is that just one of Rihanna’s belts stuck in the doorframe? Instagram filters make these things so hard to tell.
3. Once inside, Rihanna went straight for the staircase. Her Instagram photographers positioned themselves at various points around the building to properly capture the mega fuss this moment would create.
4. Rihanna posed on the stairs, as you would.
Her expression suggested concern that she wasn’t looking seductive enough.
5. She then pretended to tailor this lady’s varsity jacket.
“Checking my designs where #Coco checked hers!!! #imjustdifferent,” is how she really captioned this photo. Because Coco would never touch a varsity jacket, see.
6. Then it was time to be like, “I’m bad, I’m smoking in Coco Chanel’s house.”
7. And relax by recreating a photo of Coco lounging in her chaise. #PretendingToBePensive
8. Rihanna then got a “history lesson” from this classy older French woman.
Who was like, “I’ll just be removing that cigarette from the vicinity of the irreplaceable antiques.” While Rihanna was all, “too bz looking in the #mirror.”
9. She also used these photogenic books as a backdrop for an Instagram with Chanel’s accessories designer Laetitia Crahay.
Who was thinking, “LOL just wait til you see what I’m going to make her do next.”
10. “You want me to wear that?” Rihanna queried. “RAWR!” said Laetitia.
11. So for the grand finale, Rihanna put on her lace bunny ears-x-mask, threw open her jacket and hiked up her tennis skirt.
As you would when you’re about to leave a building.
12. This photo didn’t make it to Rihanna’s feed, but it’s on Laetitia’s.
The lighting and “I’m sexy” face isn’t quite the same.
13. Rihanna has to screen all her Instagrams herself because you just can’t trust anyone with selecting the proper filter these days.
Anthony Vaccarello was there (because why not). “Just let me cut some huge slits in weird places in your outfit,” he suggested. “Trust me on this one.”
14. After Chanel, it was time to put on the purple suede jumpsuit and go over to Azzedine Alaia’s house.
15. According to Rihanna, the visit involved dinner.
You’re probably wondering where the food is but in Fashion Land, nice wine glasses with various liquids in them count as a meal, no problem.
16. Alaia and Rihanna became engrossed a discussion about foreign policy.
JK LOL. Alaia was just pointing out that the lighting on this shot was going to be all wrong.
17. Karl Lagerfeld would have been in town to hang with Rihanna but he was too busy taking Choupette on vacation.
Choupette, on the other hand, was devastated to have missed out on her dream photo op: posing as Rihanna’s bra.
We've got your WKND covered.
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›
- Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›