2. On March 25, Britney was photographed in a bikini in Malibu.
These photos were probably snapped around the same time as her Shape photo shoot, maybe a little after.
4. So how much was her cover retouched?
5. A lot — like all magazine covers — but at least it doesn’t really look like they changed her…shape.
Evident “corrections” to the photos, determined with the help of a retouching expert:
• Her skin has been smoothed all over.
• Her armpits have been smoothed out (erased, basically).
• Her cleavage has been enhanced and made to appear perfectly symmetrical.
The GOOD thing about this retouching job? Though they might have slimmed her raised arm, it doesn’t look like they slimmed her down or changed her body shape much overall (maybe they nipped her waist in a bit, but probably not much if so). Often retouchers add or subtract flesh to photos as seen fit — bony models are often filled out, while celebs’ flesh is often dialed back. So there’s nothing terribly out of the ordinary or shocking about this cover job.
So now you know: Britney’s hips don’t lie. And it’s always great to see a beautiful woman on a cover who isn’t a size 0.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- Venezuela is reporting hospitalizations and three deaths as the Zika virus, which is linked to birth defects, spreads.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.