1. Here’s an image from Beyonce’s new ad campaign for H&M.
H&M is apparently sponsoring her “Mrs. Carter” tour. A press release announcing Beyonce’s ads reads:
The print and outdoor billboards introduce “Beyoncé as Mrs. Carter in H&M”, the idea that women can be all things: strong, vulnerable, sensual, maternal, fun and flirtatious.
The release continues:
“I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun and affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements – fire, water, earth and wind. It was a beautiful shoot on a tropical island. It felt more like making a video than a commercial,” says Beyoncé.
Jonas Ackerlund, the brilliant director behind Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” video, directed Beyonce in a commercial for H&M that will debut online in early May and features her new song “Standing on the Sun.” Practically any new song of hers ought to sound amazing after “Bow Down.”
But what does this all REALLY mean? It’s not just an H&M campaign, or a promo for Beyonce’s upcoming tour, or joyous celebration of what it means to be a
woman Beyonce — it means that the Summer of Beyonce is upon us.
I guess I can bow down to that.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- Museviolet thinks Beyonce Is Now An H&M Model is LOL
- M3L Beyonce Is Now An H&M Model and thinks it’s Win
- vanedulac thinks Beyonce Is Now An H&M Model is Cute
- Lesley Hauler thinks Beyonce Is Now An H&M Model is Win
- allimak21 Beyonce Is Now An H&M Model and thinks it’s Cute
- elvisdepressley thinks Beyonce Is Now An H&M Model is Cute