Mitt Romney may have won the debate Wednesday night, but the unofficial best-dressed contest is scored by a different set of judges! According to GQ, which offers a detailed analysis of Romney and Obama’s looks, Romney’s outfit failed significantly in two ways:
1. His suit “suffered from black hole syndrome,” because “[h]is lapels seemed to blend into the body of his jacket.” Meanwhile, “Obama avoided the same thing thanks to the pick stitching running along his lapels.”
2. Romney’s tie was — horrors — dimple-less. “Romney came out fighting with his red striped power tie, immediately snagging our attention over obama’s [sic] micro pattern indigo number,” the magazine writes. “But did you see that dimple POTUS was sporting? That’s a GQ cover-worthy knot.”
It’s also a Beyoncé-worthy knot. Tie dimples are a cornerstone of the well-dressed man, as she notes in her classic hit “Upgrade U.” Lyrics (emphasis mine):
Audemars Piguet watch
Dimples in ya necktie
Cartier top clips
Silk lined blazers
Diamond creamed facials
VVS cuff links
6 star pent suites
Beyoncé and her husband Jay-Z are Obama fundraisers, so this all makes perfect sense.
We've got your WKND covered.
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- [A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›] (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/27/europe-migrants-libya-idUSL5N1125D320150827i)
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday. ›