Mitt Romney may have won the debate Wednesday night, but the unofficial best-dressed contest is scored by a different set of judges! According to GQ, which offers a detailed analysis of Romney and Obama’s looks, Romney’s outfit failed significantly in two ways:
1. His suit “suffered from black hole syndrome,” because “[h]is lapels seemed to blend into the body of his jacket.” Meanwhile, “Obama avoided the same thing thanks to the pick stitching running along his lapels.”
2. Romney’s tie was — horrors — dimple-less. “Romney came out fighting with his red striped power tie, immediately snagging our attention over obama’s [sic] micro pattern indigo number,” the magazine writes. “But did you see that dimple POTUS was sporting? That’s a GQ cover-worthy knot.”
It’s also a Beyoncé-worthy knot. Tie dimples are a cornerstone of the well-dressed man, as she notes in her classic hit “Upgrade U.” Lyrics (emphasis mine):
Audemars Piguet watch
Dimples in ya necktie
Cartier top clips
Silk lined blazers
Diamond creamed facials
VVS cuff links
6 star pent suites
Beyoncé and her husband Jay-Z are Obama fundraisers, so this all makes perfect sense.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- And it's Super Bowl Sunday. The Denver Broncos will take on the Carolina Panthers in Santa Clara, California at 6:30 ET 🏈🙌