1. By wearing fur vests.
I saw more fur vests at Fashion Week today than I’ve seen on just about every Bravo show, ever.
2. And fur hats.
This one is Thakoon. Because if it wasn’t it wouldn’t be at Fashion Week.
3. By wearing a leopard blanket with a fur hood.
And looking scared. Because the blizzard is frightful, truly.
FYI this woman was photographed so much outside the Jason Wu show, you’d have thought she was Jessica Simpson announcing going on a juice fast.
6. By putting plastic bags over cameras so that street style photography can still happen.
8. By bringing well-heeled children to fashion shows.
It’s a snow day. Where else were they supposed to go??
9. By having carbs out. Probably mostly for show.
Everyone was talking on social media about the soft pretzels at the rag & bone show, but no one seemed to confirm actually ingesting the treat.
10. By making ironic statements about the hyper-ridiculous state of fashion week street style.
12. Which is really nice when you’re not wearing tights — a common phenomenon.
13. By dressing like this is South Beach.
I love this. A perfect sartorial statement of meteorological denial.
15. By wearing office pants that drag through the snow.
Hi, Olivia Palermo!
16. By apologizing to the designers of the shoes they will inevitably ruin.
dear @StellaMcCartney, I am so so very sorry about what is about to happen to my boots today #snow #nyfw— Cindi Leive
17. By stating the obvious.
The snow is a real outfit ruiner. #nyfw #nylonfw— dâ€¢stahl
18. By posing in white pants for street style photographers, while the snow blew sideways at like 50 mph into their faces.
19. By instagramming the tractor plowing Lincoln Center, which will keep them all from falling on their faces during this mess.
20. By making jokes about the models.
The #NYFW models running around in open-toed stilettos trying to catch cabs in the snow are making me laugh.— Heather M. Higgins
Dear models, itâ€™s snow; not blow. #NYFW— Provoc Problems
#NYFW RT @Lucyy__C: I wonder if models will start snorting this snow— Liz Una Kim
Although I bet all of those skinny models are freezing in the New York snow storm. HA #NYFW— Jessica Horn
RT @BenWiddicombe: #NYFW @DailyFrontRow Can you please publish the snow forecast in grams so the models understand?— Lee Tulloch
22. By carrying designer umbrellas.
In the center of the Lincoln Center courtyard, where everyone can see you.
23. By wearing pants under skirts.
But skipping the socks, obviously.
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general has opened an investigation into two popular fantasy sports websites, after employees allegedly used insider information to profit. ›