1. Her designated sitting places are elegantly labeled.
How would you feel if you came to work one day, and on it was a pillow designed by Karl Lagerfeld that read, “Ici, c’est la place d’Amy Odell” (or, your name). Freaking fabulous, that’s how you’d feel.
2. She is the only living thing fabulous enough to keep Karl’s ego in check.
“You know, personally, I don’t even think I’m that famous,” the designer — widely regarded as one of, if not THE world’s best — told British Vogue. “Now, Choupette really is famous. She has become the most famous cat in the world. I even get propositioned by pet food companies and things like that, but it’s out of the question. I’m commercial. She’s not. She’s spoiled to death. Obviously.” Moving on!
3. She has maids.
Two “personal maids,” Lagerfeld has said, “for both night and day.”
4. She gets to do whatever she wants.
“She has lunch and dinner with me on the table, with her own food. She doesn’t touch my food.,” Lagerfeld confessed. “She doesn’t want to eat on the floor.” (To be fair, I wouldn’t want his food, either.)
5. She is effortlessly technologically savvy.
Here she is playing with an iPad, which is probably from her personal stash of tech goodies.
6. Her memoirs are being written for her in real time.
Nine months into Choupette’s life, her personal maids — Francoise and Marjorie — had taken down 600 pages of diary notes on her every mood, meal, and behavior. And if there’s one truth about being a cat it’s that mood is never consistent so this is pretty hardcore note-taking.
7. She tons of followers on Twitter.
And when she brags about how great she is, everyone thinks it’s cute instead of obnoxious.
8. When she’s messy or mean, it’s charming.
Lagerfeld told i-D: “She loves to destroy paper, that is what she loves to do the most and also driving her beloved maids (Francoise and Marjorie) crazy.”
9. Her appearance lends itself to poetic descriptions.
Lagerfeld: “She’s snow white with touches of caramel around the eyes, ears and on her endless boa-like feather tail.” When was the last time anyone said something so lovely about your tail?
10. She is referred to in only the most dignified of fashions.
“Her name is Choupette, Princess Choupette or Miss Choupette,” Lagerfeld says. And yet she never fails to lose that humble expression that can only be saying, “…me?”
11. Her habitat is 8,000 times more chic than everyone else’s.
Apparently at least one of her homes is outfitted with these stylish square sinks.
12. She has her own private garden.
She likes to chase “big fleas” in it. (I don’t even have a live blade of grass to my name.)
13. This is all she has to do for anyone to care deeply about her.
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›