1. Ryan unabashedly discussed a wide range of subjects with his fans, including even his love life.
â€œ@LochteLove803: @ryanlochte what is the youngest girl you will date #asklochteâ€ Age isn’t important, but has to be legal haha— Ryan Lochte
2. And — because he’s such an open book — his favorite dance move.
â€œ@_esme11: @ryanlochte What is your favorite dance move that you can always rely on? #asklochteâ€ the dougie #jeah— Ryan Lochte
3. He sought to inspire.
â€œ@ritaeatspitas: @ryanlochte can you give me an inspirational quote? #asklochteâ€ You can always be better today than u were yesterday— Ryan Lochte
4. And elegantly lend his expertise.
â€œ@AIR_istotle: @ryanlochte do you think @kobebryant would be a good swimmer? #CountOnMambaInTheFiftyFree #asklochteâ€ yes bc he’s an athlete— Ryan Lochte
5. He politely ignored grammar mistakes. (That is, if he even noticed them.)
â€œ@LauraArreola_: @ryanlochte how do you control the nervous in a competition? #asklochte #jeahâ€ I don’t get nervous but that’s bc I practice— Ryan Lochte
â€œ@AlexPozo97: #asklochte @ryanlochte who many hours do you usually trainning?â€ About 4-6 hrs a day— Ryan Lochte
7. And even cracked jokes before getting down to business.
â€œ@lizz_wanda: @ryanlochte what wa your favorite subject in school? #asklochteâ€ lunch haha… Math— Ryan Lochte
8. But he was unfailingly forthright.
â€œ@howCHLOcanyougo: How did you come up with the phrase #jeah #asklochte @ryanlochteâ€ One day I said #jeah instead of yeah and it stuck— Ryan Lochte
9. Even when it was gross.
â€œ@Liz_Fulco: @ryanlochte Favorite snack food? #asklochteâ€ @Gatorade bar— Ryan Lochte
10. And when it was over he got right back to work.
â€œ@emilytakacs: @Ryanlochte water you doing right now? #asklochteâ€ Have to head to a meeting in 5 min…— Ryan Lochte
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›