1. Most people flapping their arms simultaneously
Over 400 students, faculty, and alumni at St. Joseph’s University in Pennsylvania flapped their arms up and down for five minutes in honor of the university mascot’s signature flapping move.
2. Most people fit in a Mini Cooper
These 28 women (all gymnasts, naturally) crammed themselves into a Mini Cooper.
3. Fastest 100 meters run on all fours
Japan’s Kenichi Ito completed 100 meters on all fours in just 17.47 seconds. Let’s see Usain Bolt do that.
Here’s video of the winning attempt.
4. Most weight lifted using only eye sockets
England’s Manjit Singh lifted just over 51 pounds using only his eye sockets. I’m in pain just looking at this picture.
5. Most pairs of underwear worn at once
Steve Jacobs put on 266 pairs of underpants to set a new world record. Let’s hope he doesn’t get a wedgie.
6. Longest didgeridoo note blown
15-year-old Lachlan Phelps of Australia (obviously) held the same note on a didgeridoo for 65.6 seconds.
7. Longest time spinning a basketball on a toothbrush
Michael Kopp, 18, spun a basketball on a toothbrush held between his teeth for just over 26 seconds.
8. Most marshmallows caught with chopsticks
In just one minute, Joe Alexander caught 15 marshmallows using chopsticks from a distance of 2 meters.
9. Largest Kaikottikali dance
Over 2,600 women in Mumbai participated in this traditional dance, a popular folk dance in the Kerala region of India.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.