1. A brand-new box of Crayola crayons.
It could only be Crayola… not that Rose Art knockoff. Even better if it was the 64-count box with a built-in sharpener.
If the 64-count box wasn’t enough…
Just imagine what a whole factory smelled like. Remember watching this on Sesame Street before school?
2. Clapping together chalkboard erasers for your teacher.
Remember when your teacher sent you outside to clean the blackboard erasers by clapping them together, against a wall, or on the back of an unsuspecting classmate walking by?
3. Shavings from the old-fashioned pencil sharpener.
You either loathed or loved having your pencil break during class because of the racket it made.
4. Pink erasers.
How many holes did you form in your papers?
5. A pile of construction paper.
A rainbow waiting to be transformed by a pair of safety scissors.
6. Mr. Sketch scented magic markers.
Who actually liked the licorice and cinnamon-scented ones?
7. Rubber cement.
When it would dry, you’d roll the rubber cement into little squishy balls and flick them at your friends. If you were a jerk, you’d say they were boogers.
8. Elmer’s Glue-All.
Remember letting it dry on your hands and then pretending to pull off pieces of your skin?
There was nothing like the smell of a warm ditto fresh out of the ditto machine. Kids with their newfangled photocopiers have no clue what they’ve missed.
10. Play-Doh and modeling clay.
You silently cursed the classmate who mixed the colors together.
11. The musty library.
And adding your name to 20 years’ worth of borrowers on the card in the back of the book.
12. Plaground balls.
Used for kickball, dodge ball, and four square.
13. Scratch ‘n sniff stickers.
Nothing says “Job well done!” like one of these on an essay.
14. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Before they were banned.
15. That minty sawdust your janitor sprinkled on piles of vomit.
Try not to retch thinking about it.
Leave your favorite in the comments below!
- About 6,500 refugees have reached Austria. Austria and Germany said on Friday that stranded refugees in Hungary could cross their borders. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›