1. You’ve already been sitting on your train for 20 minutes when you find out they decided to skip your stop.
2. You’re strategic about where you stand in the waiting area at Penn Station in hopes that when they announce the track number, you’re first in line.
… but you’re usually not.
3. When the lights go out and all the sounds stop in the middle of your trip, you always think ‘this is the end’.
4. You’ve thoroughly debated changing your Facebook current city to your train station.
And there’s ALWAYS that one person who actually takes it seriously.
.. She’s probably sitting next you.
6. When the conductor says, “Last two cars please walk forward”, you’re like..
7. The amount of time you spent looking for parking at the train station is greater than your entire commute.
Gotta make do.
8. You’ve had to stop in the morning to get exactly a 5 dollar bill and 2 singles in order to pay for parking.
9. As opposed to the rest of the country, this sign has been a dooms day count down for you.
10. You open up your phone browser and this screen is always your last page visited.
11. You’ve had to Google what cross-honoring means… and end up disappointed that this is supposed to help.
Where is the bus stop anyway???
12. Your NYC friends think you are anti-social since you never want to go out. But you know the last train leaving is just about the time you would arrive at the bar..
13. When someone says, “See something” you automatically reply with “Say something”.
14. You’ll walk down ten cars before taking the middle seat in a three seater because you know how much you hate when other people do that.
… this goes for two seaters as well.
15. The answer for all delays is “Signal Problems” but you are sensing something else going on…
16. You’ve sat outside Penn Station and watched at least 5 other trains speed by.
17. You’ve been randomly told the train broke down and to get off. But NO one questions it.
18. Whenever your train stops out of the blue, your only explanation is from a mumbled Jersey accent on the loudspeaker which clearly no one can understand.
19. You get weirdly excited when they send a double decker…
You also know you are either a down or up person.
20. The sound of the conductor clicking as he comes down the aisle gives you nightmares.
21. You’ve been randomly told that you are going to be on an enhanced weekend schedule (or MLK) which means NOTHING to you.
Just tell me what time the train is coming!