1. Fresh off its debut at Comic-Con this weekend, the first teaser trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies was released to the public on Monday and it’s as outsized as J.R R. Tolkien’s epic fantasy saga.
2. The movie is the third and final installment of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit trilogy, and the teaser offers glimpses of all the characters, as well as some mourning, reflection, massive battles, and even a glimpse of the Eye of Sauron.
3. “Will you follow me, one last time?”
Why yes, Thorin, yes we will.
4. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, which stars Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, Ian McKellen as Gandalf, Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield, Evangeline Lilly as Tauriel, and Orlando Bloom as Legolas, opens in the U.S. on Dec. 17.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.