2. First, the rescuers successfully turn a flipped car on its side after suspecting a person may be inside.
3. They break the car’s window and find a man inside, who is conscious. They offer him a lifejacket and try to help him out the window.
4. But then the car suddenly falls over again — the newscaster cut to commercial, afraid of airing a causality on live television.
5. When when the show returns, the newscasters reveal the man is safe.
Handout / Reuters
6. The rescue workers opened the car door, found the man still conscious, and dragged him to safety.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️