2. First, the rescuers successfully turn a flipped car on its side after suspecting a person may be inside.
3. They break the car’s window and find a man inside, who is conscious. They offer him a lifejacket and try to help him out the window.
4. But then the car suddenly falls over again — the newscaster cut to commercial, afraid of airing a causality on live television.
5. When when the show returns, the newscasters reveal the man is safe.
Handout / Reuters
6. The rescue workers opened the car door, found the man still conscious, and dragged him to safety.
In The News Today
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›