1. A retaining wall collapsed at a recycling plant in Qingdao on Sunday after heavy rain hit the eastern Chinese city. Eighteen people were killed, the Associated Press reports.
3. The wall crushed a house for workers, where 40 people were staying, the Qingdao government information office said. Three others were injured in the accident.
5. Recently, China’s eastern coastal and southern regions have been drenched by heavy rains. There were two other deaths in the Hunan province and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, which were also linked to flooding and landslides.
7. Authorities are investigating the collapse.
- A strong earthquake struck southern Taiwan, killing at least 13 people and causing buildings to collapse.
- Days before New Hampshire's presidential primary, John Kasich got back-to-back questions about a lead water crisis in his home state of Ohio 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.