4. The White House has taken additional steps to achieve gender balance, including nominating Samantha Powers as United Nations ambassador and Susan E. Rice as national security adviser. In total, Obama has named 13 women to cabinet-level positions.
7. “It’s not so much about how many women, but are women represented, are the policies helping women?” said Victoria A. Budson, the executive director of the women and public policy program at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
Senate Armed Services Committee regarding sexual assaults in the military.
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire.
- Twitter's shares fell steeply in after-hours trading after they reported a decline in monthly users 📉