1. On last night’s episode of the Daily Show, Jon Stewart explained that if Rupert Murdoch bought Time Warner, CNN would need to sell to another company. It would go for about $10 billion.
“Now, $10 billion is a lot for anybody,” said Stewart. “But it’s not a lot for all of us.”
3. So Stewart introduced his Kickstarter campaign to raise $10 billion and buy CNN.
5. There are some great prizes! If you donate $10, you’ll get your face in one of these boxes:
7. For only $25,000 you can do drugs with CNN host Fareed Zakaria!
9. If you throw in a small $5 million donation, CNN will spend two weeks straight searching for your keys.
11. And if you really step up to the plate and give $1 billion, you’ll get to see your favorite CNN anchors fight to the death!
13. While the Kickstarter campaign is just a joke, don’t worry: the website is real.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.