1. Latino Mix 105.7, a California radio station, has been playing the very important early ’00s rap song “Hot in Herre” by Nelly non-stop since at least 3 p.m. on Friday.
2. If you don’t believe me please ditch all of your weekend plans and live stream it here for yourself.
3. Apparently the station is pulling the stunt to re-brand themselves as “HOT 105.7.”
See what they did there? “HOT” like “It’s HOT in herre.” Good one, 105.7.
4. People seem pretty pleased with the station.
12. We didn’t know we missed you this much, Nelly. Happy early birthday everybody.
Correction: A previous version of this article misstated Hot In Herre as a ’90s song. It actually came out in 2002. The author is pretty embarrassed by this because she felt confident in her knowledge of ’90s hip-hop, and apologizes profusely for the grave error.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›