1. Family members who lost loved ones in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 gathered at the World Trade Center memorial this morning for a commemorative ceremony.
3. The first moment of silence at 9:03 a.m., the time the second World Trade Center was hit.
4. And the second moment of silence at 9:59 a.m. commemorated the time the South Tower fell.
5. Members of New York Fire Company No. 10 observed a moment of silence at 10:28 a.m., the time the second tower fell.
7. Crowds gathered around the reflective pools to find the names of their lost loved ones.
The reflective pools sit within the footprints where the World Trade Centers once stood; they are the largest manmade waterfalls in North America.
8. The names of every person who perished in the terrorist attacks of 2001 and 1993 are inscribed into the edge of the pools.
9. Honoring a lost loved one.
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- At least 8 people are dead and 150 others injured after two trains collided in Bavaria, Germany, local police say.
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.