1. Family members who lost loved ones in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 gathered at the World Trade Center memorial this morning for a commemorative ceremony.
2. The names of those who perished were read at 8:46 a.m.
3. The first moment of silence at 9:03 a.m., the time the second World Trade Center was hit.
4. And the second moment of silence at 9:59 a.m. commemorated the time the South Tower fell.
5. Members of New York Fire Company No. 10 observed a moment of silence at 10:28 a.m., the time the second tower fell.
7. Crowds gathered around the reflective pools to find the names of their lost loved ones.
The reflective pools sit within the footprints where the World Trade Centers once stood; they are the largest manmade waterfalls in North America.