4. Vietnam Veterans Memorial to close later today.
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is also still open, but will close later today
If there’s a lapse in gov’t. funding, the Capitol Visitor Center will be closed beginning 10/1 & all tours will be suspended. #DC #DCist
7. The Clinton Center
Gov’t shutdown means Clinton Center closure; some visitors surprised Tuesday: http://t.co/QmoYJKfDHT #ArkDG #ARnews
8. All National Parks
Because of the federal govâ€™t shutdown this National Park Service Twitter feed is inactive. Weâ€™ll start tweeting again when we get back
12. Nearly all NASA employees furloughed.
Due to the gov’t shutdown, all public NASA activities/events are cancelled or postponed until further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience.
13. If the shutdown lasts longer than two weeks, millions of veterans will not receive benefits.
VA funding for claims processing and payments would run out late October under shutdown. http://t.co/bcgAHMsOwM
15. Including the National Air and Space Museum
17. The Army’s accounts are closed.
We’re sorry, but we will not be tweeting or responding to @ replies during the government #shutdown. http://t.co/U9ENZtwqt4
18. So are the Department of Education’s.
US Dept of Education
Weâ€™re sorry, but we will not be tweeting or responding to @ replies during the government shutdown. Weâ€™ll be back as soon as possible!
19. The Centers for Disease Control is halting its annual flu program.
We’re sorry, but we will not be tweeting or responding to @ replies during the government shutdown. We’ll be back as soon as possible!
20. The White House’s website isn’t updating information or responding to inquiries.
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›