1. Robert Griffin III continues to lead the Washington Redskins to relevance. They even have a shot at their first playoff appearance since 2007 if they can get past the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants.
2. So in a nationally televised must-win Monday Night Football game against the Giants, RGIII stepped up.
3. He consistently ran all over the defending champs, and this fourth-quarter touchdown was the difference in a 17-16 win.
5. RGIII’s so magical that even his reckless fumbles…
6. …get picked up and run the rest of the way into the end zone by teammates.
7. Anyway, DC sports fans weren’t expecting a second great night, because on Tuesday their Wizards were up against the defending NBA Champion Miami Heat. The Wizards had the league’s worst record (1-13), while the Heat have a guy who does this:
8. So Washington gets steamrolled in sports like usual, right? Not so fast. Facing four perennial All-Stars, somehow the Wizards looked good.
9. Like, really good.
10. As in “knock down threes over Dwyane Wade to beat the defending champs” good.
11. How did the Wizards magically gain this kind of swagger? There can only be one explanation…
12. Of course! RGIII was AT THE GAME, his magic rubbed off, and he’s now beaten two defending champions in 24 hours.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›